Family Therapy in Orange County, CA
Family Therapy at Infinity Kids
Family therapy is a type of psychological counseling that helps family members resolve conflicts. It may include all family members or just those able or willing to participate. During the course of treatment participants may be matched or paired in different ways in order to address specific family dynamics. Family therapy is often short term, and might be needed from time to time in order to address isolated challenges. Because Family therapy is a type of talk therapy, it is important that children are able to express thoughts and feelings verbally. Younger kids may benefit from other individual services at Infinity Kids, along with their caregivers’ participation in couples counseling and parenting education. Your specific treatment plan will depend on your family’s situation.
Family Program includes the following (individual sessions are also available):
- 50 minute Assessment: review reasons for referral, history of presenting problems, communication style, and history of mental health.
- 50 minute coaching session: discuss family treatment plan, and learn parenting styles, positive communication, and argue smart techniques.
- 50 minute coaching session: review outcomes of learned strategies, and discuss child developmental stage, challenges, and parenting interventions for behavioral shaping.
- 50 minute coaching session: review results/outcomes and evaluate need for continued services.
Family therapy addresses:
- Conflicting parenting styles
- Parent-child mutual understanding
- Impact of a health condition or life changing events on the entire family
- Working with families in intimate relationships to foster change and growth
- Assisting clients in navigating problems with a partner, child, or other family members
Some general strategies used by family therapists:
- Structural Therapy
- Strategic Therapy
- Systemic Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Transgenerational Therapy
- Communication Therapy
- Psychoeducation Relationship Counseling
Why Family Therapy:
The predicted outcome of family therapy will depend on early recognition of concerns, prompt access to services, and caregivers’ engagement and participation. Because brain architecture depends on both genetic and environmental factors, it is crucial that in the course of treatment parents learn to create a safe and nurturing environment for their children. In terms of outcomes as measured by the success and regression rates, evidence shows that families treated by MFTs had higher success and lower regression rates compared to pediatric patients receiving individual services alone.
Through psychoeducation, our Family Therapist helps parents of young children develop a set of skills to adequately and effectively meet their toddlers’ emotional needs.
How to Work with Infinity Kids
Click the Schedule an Appointment button below. Submit your families specific needs and we will contact you.
Your child will be evaluated at our clinic using standardized assessments and clinical observations.
If therapy is recommended, trust our trained team to play and smile with your child.